rIQ Continuing Education
Continuing Education (CE) hours available of this training. Course meets the qualification for 6 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Science. Pepperdine University, PCE 2949.
APA Statement of Approval
Pepperdine University is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education of psychologists. Pepperdine maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
Statement of Course Goals and Learning Objectives
- Participants will learn the two developmental phases of young adulthood.
- Participants will learn three roles to increase their effectiveness in interacting with young adults.
- Participants will learn several techniques to engage and deepen conversations that lead to personal growth.
- Participants will gain a basic understanding of using the Relationship IQ Leader's Manual.
- Participants will identify several techniques to work with challenging individuals in a group setting.
- Participants will begin a strategic plan to incorporate rIQ material into their setting.
Detailed Workshop Outline
- 9am: Young adult relational and spiritual development.
- 10am: Working with young adults.
- 11am: Presentation skills and content.
- 12pm: Lunch Break
- 1pm: Presentation skills and content continued.
- 2pm: Dealing with difficult issues. How to use technology effectively in working with young adults.
- 3pm: How to begin using the Relationship IQ material.
- 4pm: Closing
Therapists and psychologists at the masters, PhD, or PsyD level. This training is also open to lay and professional church leaders.
Attendee cancelations received 1 week in advance will receive a full refund of course fee.
Hannah Parmelee has a masters in Marriage and Family Therapy from Fuller Theological Seminary, and a bachelors in Psychology from Pepperdine University. She has worked in the field of relationship education for ten years and is certified in several psycho-educational programs including: Prepare/Enrich, PREP, Family Wellness, and How to PICK a Partner. Hannah has taught hundreds of relationship skill classes, workshops, small group sessions, and seminars to young adults. As the director of Relationship IQ she regularly trains young adults and adults how to help young adults relationally. She is the author of the Relationship IQ Leader's Manual which provides technique instruction and curriculum for teaching young adults to develop healthy relationships. The Relationship IQ Leader's Manual is peer reviewed by experts in the field of psychology and received excellent feedback. It is based on sound psychological theory, research, and accepted practices. Hannah has literally written the book on helping young adults develop healthy relationship skills and is an excellent trainer in this field.
For more information please contact the Boone Center for the Family: email, 310.506.4771, 24255 PCH, Malibu, CA 90263