All of the Relationship IQ curriculum is based in scripture and sound psychological, sociological, and physiological research. This unique blend of faith and psychology is refreshing and approachable for young adults!
The Relationship IQ Leader's Manual is a resource guide to helping young adults relationally. It is designed to be used by the church, academic institutions, and organizational leaders who work with young adults (ages 16-28).
There are two main sections of the Relationship IQ Leader's Manual: (1) The process chapters lay the foundation for why this material is critical, how to interact with young adults, how to lead the material, and how to start a Relationship IQ program and run events. (2) The six modules include 36 weeks of small-group curriculum on six relationship topics and six single-session presentations (each with 85 minutes of teaching material). The lessons are easy to lead, very interactive, and highly relevant and applicable to young adults.
The six modules within the Relationship IQ curriculum include:
- Intentionally Friends. Stuck in shallow, non-supportive friendships? Bring out the best in your friends and become the friend you want to be. Bask in the delight of close friends.
- Say What? Communication and Conflict. Sharpen your communication and conflict skills by learning how to say what you mean, tell yourself the truth, and listen well. Your relationships, your future spouse, children, and grandchildren will be blessed if you get this lesson right.
- How to Date the Best. In a dating relationship, you not only want to find the best person, you want to be the best person. Learn how to start, end, and be in a healthy romantic relationship. Feel confident and have more peace while you date!
- Does God Want a Relationship with Me? Did you know that you were created for relationship? God designed you for relationship with Him, wants you to know Him, and gives you your identity, value, and purpose. Discover a vibrant, joyful relationship with God that sets you free.
- What About Sex? God created sex and gave it to us as a good gift. Yet, why does it seem like a curse sometimes? Explore God's good gift of sexuality, how our brains respond to sexual activity, cohabitation, relational impacts of sex, managing sex drives, pornography, sexual addiction, and God's healing and redemption. Embrace the gift of your healthy sexuality.
- Boundaries and Freedom: Drawing Healthy Lines in Relationships. Can you say yes and no to the right things? Do you know what is your responsibility and what belongs to someone else? Want to figure out how to enforce your boundaries? Utilize this lesson to help young adults identify their boundaries, know how to enforce boundaries, avoid boundary violations, and live a healthier life.
The Relationship IQ Leader's Manual is your answer to how to help young adults relationally. Be a voice of wisdom in the lives of young adults. Know how to talk about the difficult issues of sex, cohabitation, and ambiguous dating relationships. Be confident in the relationship information you are giving young adults with this excellent resource steeped in social science research and Biblical truth.